Gainsborough’s House is a very special place that exists to promote the wider knowledge, appreciation and enjoyment of the art of Thomas Gainsborough. It seeks to preserve and enhance the House and its collections for the benefit of present and future generations. As a result Gainsborough’s House has commenced a major capital project that aims to bring Gainsborough alive for a new generation. Your support will really make a difference, especially at this exciting and pivotal point in our history. Please do join us.
As Friends you will enjoy:
- free admission whilst we are open
- free hard hat tour
- and information point access during closure period
- visits to exhibitions, art galleries and historic houses in Britain
- an annual Summer garden party
- and a magazine and information about Gainsborough’s House.
As Patrons you will enjoy:
- a variety of exclusive trips at home and abroad
- private visits to other collections –
- ‘behind the scenes’ tours of other museums
- and an annual dinner. As Mulberry Patrons you
As Mulberry Patrons you will also enjoy:
- events organised by Gainsborough’s House including lectures, film, music and study days
- a specially chosen publication and a jar of mulberry jam from Gainsborough’s tree
- and a ‘behind the scenes’ tour and lunch with the Director.
Partnerships and Collaborators
We work with a range of institutions, organisations and individuals on a variety of projects and campaigns:
- The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art
- Esmee Fairbairn Collections Fund
- Hamilton Kerr Institute